Our goal at Metropolitan Moving is not only to provide each of our customers with a superior moving experience, but also to create a sense of community amongst our staff and employees. Since both owners of Metropolitan Moving & Storage grew up in Bethesda, MD, they have made a conscious effort to give back to the Metropolitan area in any way possible. Here are a few recent examples:
- As far back as Hurricane Katrina, Metropolitan had two drivers travel to New Orleans with a truck loaded full of supplies to help the families that were victim to the Hurricane.
- For the past three years we have been a donor to the Daffodils & Diamonds Foundation to benefit Cancer Research.
- Any furniture our clients no longer want that is in satisfactory condition is donated by us to the Look Again Antique Shop in Kensington, MD, which sends all proceeds to the Prevention of Blindness Society.
- For the past 7 years we have donated the use of our trucks and employees to the MayFair held in NW D.C., which helps raise money to keep the local community park in good condition.
- For the past 6 summer we have been a huge contributor in the success of the Bike to the Beach for Autism Race, which donates all participants' entry fees to the Autism Speaks.
- We are proud to sponsor the Winners Lacrosse 11th Annual Golf Tournament.